If you don’t know Jesus, below is a prayer guide to salvation asking Jesus into your life. This prayer is not what saves you, Jesus saves you. By the conviction of the Word and Spirit of God, acknowledging that you are a sinner, who needs forgiveness is the start to walking out your salvation. Counting the cost by being willing to follow Jesus is also part of the walk of salvation. Only Jesus Christ can forgive us as He offered up His own life and blood for the atonement of our sins, and was raised from the dead for our justification before God. Salvation is a matter of your heart and faith that comes through hearing and believing the word of God. Jesus is the way, the truth and life. The prayer is a guideline, as the matter is between you and Jesus. He is loving and good and rejoices over receiving anyone who turns from their sin and asks Him into their life. He came to the world to set us free from the bondage of sin and to give us eternal life.
- for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God — Romans 3:23
- For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life — John 3:16
- For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth — 1 Timothy 2:3-4
- that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth, confession is made unto salvation. For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.” — Romans 10:9-11
- For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved — John 3:17
- When He had called the people to Himself, with His disciples also, He said to them, “Whoever desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me. For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake and the gospel’s will save it. – Mark 8:34–35
Pray the following prayer to Jesus:
Lord Jesus Christ,
I believe You are the Son of God who came to earth as a man.
I believe you laid down Your life on the cross and died as a sacrifice for my sin.
I believe that You rose again from the dead.
I understand that sin leads to death, but You promise me eternal life.
I repent (turn away from) my sin and I ask You for forgiveness.
I choose in faith, to invite You into my heart and life.
By grace, I receive Your gift of salvation and freedom.
In faith, I declare that You are my Lord and my Saviour.
By faith, I declare that I am born again and a new creation.
Please send me the Holy Spirit to fill me, to help me and lead me into all Truth.
Please guide me and lead me to live according to Your word.
Thank You, Jesus.
If you have repented of your sin, made a commitment to follow Jesus, and confessed (prayed) in faith and believe Jesus is your Lord – well done!! There is joy in the presence of the angels of God over your repentance. I encourage you to find other believers near you and share your commitment with them. Read the word of God (the Bible) as often as possible, especially the Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke and John), James, Ephesians and the rest of the New Testament. By seeking God and reading the word, He will help you renew your mind. Connect with a local church that is Bible based and believes in the personal baptism of the Holy Spirit.
We would love to hear from you if you prayed this prayer and hear what Jesus has done for you. Jesus saves, heals and delivers us, and we pray that you will encounter Him in a personal and special way. May His love, peace and joy fill your mind, body and soul.